Parish Nursing seeks to provide whole person health care through a local church community.
Based on Christ's teaching and ministry, as demonstrated in the parable of the Good Samaritan
(Luke 10:25-37), Parish Nurses provide support for the physical, mental, social and spiritual health of
individuals and aim to improve the lives of people in the UK by ministering health and wholeness.
Registered nurses work from their churches offering individuals and communities, personal health advice, advocacy support, health education, offer support groups, training and supporting volunteers, and helping people integrate their faith and their health.
Support from a Parish Nurse is available to people of all ages and backgrounds.
We very much appreciate customer feedback and your parish nurse will offer you a form to fill in and send back so that we can monitor the quality of the care people receive through parish nursing and enhance our training programme, and encourage more churches to appoint a parish nurse.
My name is Dawn Stephens
I am a parish nurse with Wheatley Park Baptist Church.
I am a registered nurse and I qualified in 2000. I have experience in Acute medicine, Elderly care and rehabilitation and I have a qualification in Palliative care.
I trained as a parish nurse in 2013.
I am registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council.
I have a current Disclosure and Barring Service check, formerly known as a Criminal Record Bureau check.
I am available to offer support with your health needs. This may be to talk through your health and wellbeing. It may be to support you in seeking the most appropriate care for your needs.
I am also able to offer the opportunity for you to explore the spiritual aspects of your health care, if you choose to.
I cannot offer any clinical treatments such as dressings or injections, but can support you in getting the care that you need.
Parish Nurse mobile is 07443617468, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Current health activities that we run
- Once a month coffee morning on 2nd Monday of each month from 9.30-12.30 at Wheatley Park Baptist Church. There is also a coffee morning on the 4th Monday of the month held at the church.
- Once a month drop in session at the CAN office, 249 Beckett Road, Wheatley. Offering health checks such as weight, blood pressure, BMI. This is on 4th Monday of the month 9.30-12.00
- Enable, a mental health support group for women held on the 1st and 3rd Monday's of the month from 10.30-12pm
- Home visiting service for those who find it difficult to get out, vulnerable or have more complex needs.
- Personal health advice and support: appointments available on request
"I pray that your partnership with us in the faith may be effective in deepening your understanding of every good thing we share for the sake of Christ"